Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
FTRIM on S08QD4
David E. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• I have a number of boards that I use the S08QD4 on and I am not getting the specified accuracy. Most of the time, I do but about 30 to 40 percent of the time, the value is in the range of 0.0021 percent and 0.0044 percent in either plus or minus direction. Sometimes if I reprogram it several times the trim value will change and come in closer.

Is there a way that I can modify FTRIM only?

One of the frequencies that I need to output is 2280 Hz and sometimes, it is right on but as I said, frequently, it will be as low as 2270 or as high as 2289 or even 2290. it is mostly between 2285 and 2288 or 2272 and 2275 when it is out of spec.

Comments

• QUOTE (CPUDave @ Jun 7 2010, 08:09 PM) [legacy comment]
    I have a number of boards that I use the S08QD4 on and I am not getting the specified accuracy. Most of the time, I do but about 30 to 40 percent of the time, the value is in the range of 0.0021 percent and 0.0044 percent in either plus or minus direction. Sometimes if I reprogram it several times the trim value will change and come in closer.

Is there a way that I can modify FTRIM only?

One of the frequencies that I need to output is 2280 Hz and sometimes, it is right on but as I said, frequently, it will be as low as 2270 or as high as 2289 or even 2290. it is mostly between 2285 and 2288 or 2272 and 2275 when it is out of spec.

This is an update to add info: One one board, the calculated trim value was A2 and the output was 2272 Hz After reprogramming about 20 times it found a FTRIM value of A1 which changed the output frequency to 2285.5 Hz.

• Hello CPUDave,

What is the name and version number of the software that you are using?

What is the name and revision of P&E hardware interface that you are using?

What is the firmware version that this hardware interface is running?

We guarantee trim that we calculate to be within .2% of desired center frequency. Which frequency are you referring to in your previous post?

Please attach exact FLASH programming algorithm that you are using to program device. The name of the file is 9S08QD4.s8p.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

• Hello Zahar,

My apologies for the delay.

QUOTE (Zahar Raskin @ Jun 11 2010, 12:31 PM) [legacy comment]
    Hello CPUDave,

What is the name and version number of the software that you are using?
    True-Time Simulator & Real-Time Debugger V6.1 Build 7285

What is the name and revision of P&E hardware interface that you are using?
    PE Micro USB Multilink Interface Rev. C

What is the firmware version that this hardware interface is running?

We guarantee trim that we calculate to be within .2% of desired center frequency. Which frequency are you referring to in your previous post?

Please attach exact FLASH programming algorithm that you are using to program device. The name of the file is 9S08QD4.s8p.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement