Apr 20, 2015
PEmicro announced the release of Version 2.08 of its GDB Server for Kinetis® devices. The PEmicro GDB Server is available at no cost as an Eclipse plug-in or Windows GUI application. The latest version supports Windows 7/8 as well as Ubuntu Linux 14.04 and RHEL/CentOS 7.0.
Version 2.08 adds the following features:
- Preserve memory ranges across an erase. Users can prevent parts of memory from being erased during the programming process.
- Trim Kinetis devices during programming. We choose a default center frequency which can be changed in the plug-ins dialogs. This allows the internal reference frequency to be accurate on your hardware.
- EEPROM partitioning capability during flash programming. Allows users, on certain devices, to set aside some flash memory for use as a pseudo-eeprom.
- JTAG daisy chain support. Allows users to communicate with multiple JTAG devices on the same bus.
- Attach to a running part during debug session. Launches the client in a way that does not disturb the state of the target device.
Kinetis is a registered trademark of Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.