P&E’s USB BDM MULTILINK is a debug interface which allows a PC access to the Background Debug Mode (BDM) on Freescale HCS08, HC(S)12(X), RS08, and ColdFire V1 microcontrollers. It connects between a USB port on a Windows machine and the standard 6 pin “Berg” debug connector on the target.
By using the USB BDM MULTILINK, the user can take advantage of the background debug mode to halt normal processor execution and use a PC to control the processor. The user can then directly control the target’s execution, read/write registers and memory values, debug code on the processor, and program internal or external FLASH memory devices.
The USB BDM MULTILINK works with P&E Microcomputer System's in-circuit debugger and flash programmer to allow debug and flash programming of the target processor. P&E has a set of interface libraries allowing the user to write their own Windows based application which interacts with P&E's debug interface.
NOTE: For production usage, see the Cyclone PRO stand alone programmer and debug interface.
NOTE: We are now shipping Revision C of the USB BDM Multilink interface (part# USB-ML-12). This revision is supported by current versions of P&E software. If your P&E software is not the latest version, it may be necessary to obtain a software and driver update. Once updated, the drivers and software will work with Rev. A, B, and C transparently. Note: Only Rev. C cables support RS08 and ColdFire V1 devices.
The latest version of Freescale's CodeWarrior supports this revision of the USB BDM Multilink. If you are using CodeWarrior, please contact Freescale for details about any upgrades/patches that may be necessary to enable support.
- USB interface from PC to Multilink allows for fast, easy programming and debugging -- with the ease and compatibility of the USB interface.
- Draws power from USB interface-- no separate power supply required (draws less than 1mA from the target).
- Target Voltage: 1.6V-5.25V
- Target Frequency: 16Khz-50Mhz
- Compatible with HCS08, RS08, HCS12, HC12, and ColdFire V1 families of microcontrollers.
- Includes USB cable, Type A Male to Type B Male, 6-ft.
- Auto-frequency detection + trimming capabilities for HCS08 devices.
- Auto-frequency detection for HC(S)12(X) devices.
- Generates programming voltage on RESET line for RS08 devices.
- Works with P&E's PROG, ICD, CASM/WinIDE software - HCS08, HC(S)12(X), RS08, and ColdFire V1 discount packages are available.
This cable is a USB 2.0 cable, however it is backwards compatible with USB 1.1 ports.
Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8 with USB 2.0 software support. Requires a USB port on the PC.