Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
SC667249 1N35
Vadim T. Nov 12, 2020 at 09:38 AM (09:38 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• LC Universal. Working on SC667249 Mask 1N35.
    Generally it is motorola 9s12xep100 but prog12z does not want connect, unsecure utility does not recognize it like motorola and does not erase. My question is there posibillity to read this like motorola 9s12xep100 ? Thanks.

Comments

• Greetings,

SC667xxx is not part of the HC12 architecture. It is a HCS08 chip architecture, so it will not be detected by PROG12Z or Unsecure 12 utility.

What you need is PROGHCS08 software:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=27

With PROG HCS08, it is like PROG12Z and you can read/write flash similarly.

Takao

• ok, thx, info above is clear, but now next problem seems algorythm is absent for SC667xxx

• Which algo should be usde in order to read dflash and pflash of this 1N35 ?

• Greetings,

If you have the PROGHCS08 software, you will find the sc667443.s8p file inside the algorithms folder. This should cover the device you wish to read and program.

Takao

• Sorry, but there is no such algo in downloaded folder FlashAlgorithms_Internal_NXP_S8P

• Greetings,

You should not be getting it from the download folder.

You will find it in the algorithms folder once you install PROGHCS08 on your computer.

Takao

• after various trials, I was not able to connect to this processor - use port F +,-, reset, bkgd , tried external supply, tried supply from cyclone, no success

• Good day. Coming back to this processor. So how to read this if this processor actually is secured and can be read like 9s12xep100 with other programmer.
    But i want read it with cyclone.

• Greetings,

If the chip is secured, then you can attempt to unsecure the chip and the entire flash will be erased. You can do this by simply using PROGHCS08 with the chip and it will ask you if you wish to unsecure.

You cannot read the memory if the chip is secured, that is the point.

Takao

• I changed flash status from 7D to FE, so chip is not secured now, but still no luck in reading it out.

• Greetings,

What do you mean no luck reading it out? Are you using Show Module command, or upload module command within PROG? If you are using these commands, then you should expect the flash to be all 0xFF after unsecuring the chip.

Takao

• actually  i cant even connect to processor, so i dont have menu with commands

• Greetings,

What happens when you load the algorithm? What message do you see in the console within PROG software? If you have difficulty loading the algorithm, then you have a hardware connection issue.

Takao

• Greetings,

This is expected behavior. What happens if you power cycle the board and reconnect. Are you able to move forward? This happens if you do not provide power via Cyclone, but instead you are powering externally without cyclone's control. Change the setting to provide 5V via 6-pin ribbon cable on the cyclone and you should not have issues like this.

Takao

• Greetings,

Try this experiment for me. Power the board externally and do not have the cyclone connected at all. On the BDM connector on the board, measure the voltages of VDD, RESET, and BKGD. What do you measure? All of them should be 5V. If not, then something on the board is problematic.

If they are all 5V, then connect the cyclone (setting to not provide power) and before you connect in software measure voltage again. Does it stay 5V?

Finally, connect in software. When you get the dialog about power cycling the board, you should measure VDD and BKGD. They should still be 5V, but RESET should now be 0V.

Takao

• Board powered externally - there is 5V on vdd, reset, bkgd. 
    Cyclone connected without giving its supply - still 5V on vdd,reset,bkgd.
    After connecting software - bkgd is 0.5V, RESET is jumping from 0 to 4.8V on and on.

• Greetings,

That means there is an external watchdog on RESET. You need to find the source of the RESET that keeps jumping.

Takao

• Ок, thanks

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement