Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
PEMicro Multilink in Linux
Eda S. May 12, 2020 at 03:11 AM (03:11 hours)
Staff: Zahar R.

• Hi!
    I try to use Code Warrior 10.2 in Linux for programming S08PT60-EVK development kit. When I try debug or flash programmer, I'm getting this error:

"An error occured while connecting to the interface hardware or target specified in the Launch Configuration Dialog. For this launch, you may retry/re-specify the connection with the following parameters"

But, PE micro multilink appears in the popup window.

Does anyone have a solution? Have a nice day.

Comments

• Hi Eda, 

What version of Multilink do you have? What is the exact name and revision number (can be found on the back of the unit)?

Did you try to use embedded debug interface that is part of S08PT60-EVK board?

Do you have access to a Windows PC with Codewarrior 10.2 on it?

The challenge here is that Codewarrior 10.2 is an 8 year old piece of software that we do not have an update for under Linux...

If you would be able to get this version of Codewarrior installed under Windows, we have a patch available on our website that updates PEmicro run control binaries to be compatible with the latest PEmicro multilink firmware:

http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=211

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    PEmicro.

• I have a Rev.D Multilink Universal. (PART# USB-ML-UNIVERSAL). I used S08PT60-EVK board embedded debug interface. It works, no problem occurred. But I wonder why.

Also, I have Windows 10 on my own computer and I installed CodeWarrior 11.2 it can work with PEMicro. Unfortunately we use Linux in our company.

• Hi Eda, 

Thank you for providing more details. Multilink Universal RevD requires the latest PEmicro run control dlls for support. Unfortunately, since Codewarrior for Linux has been discontinued 7-8 years, we no longer maintain a Linux run control patch for its update.

I am glad to hear that you can use Embedded OSBDM interface under Linux. I think to use the board you would need to rely on OSBDM interface for debug under Linux and on both OSBDM and Multilink Universal to debug under Windows.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    PEmicro.

• Hi again. 
      So, I have to use OSBDM on Linux.
      Best regards, thank you for your help.

• Hi Eda, 

That is correct. Unfortunately, the version of Codewarrior that works under Linux with latest PEmicro interfaces does not exist... as it is a very old and legacy product at this point.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    PEmicro.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement