Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Debug using multilink on VSCode for MPC56XX
ali g. Apr 24, 2020 at 12:17 PM (12:17 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi, 

I would like to swithc over development from code warrior to vscode. I have looked at various forums to set up the debugger. I also downloaded the pe gdb server. Running pegdbserver_console.exe --devicelist does not show me the MPC56xx processor. Is there a configuration available that is compatable with the above Qorivva processor.

Comments

• Greetings,

You need to download the correct GDB server. You probably downloaded the ARM plugin and only see ARM devices in the device list.

I have sent you a download link. Use that instead.

Takao

• Thanks, I will try this shortly and get back to you

• I managed to get the debugger initialized with vscode. I can enter the program and I know it stops on a break point. I cannot however see any variables or the callstack which says paused on exception.

If I try to step into a breakpoint it says
    ERROR: Unexpected GDB output from command "-exec-step". Cannot find bounds of current function

If I continue it gives another error and becomes unresponsive

pegdbserver_power_console: Error : Error in ONCE status register during instruction execution.

I can send you my launch config file if you like.

• Greetings,

I would advise downloading the S32 Power IDE from NXP to learn how the GDB server setup works there, then try to translate over to VSCode. We do not support VSCode, so you are somewhat on your own on getting it to work.

Takao

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement