Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
After the program download prompt download completed but not run properly
Lance 1. Mar 25, 2020 at 03:26 AM (03:26 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• After installing codewarrior11.1 in Debug mode, the program will not run properly. The chip model is MC9S08SH8

Comments

• Greetings,

Within Codewarrior are you able to debug the program without issue? Is this only an issue when you power cycle the board and not connected by debug?

Takao

• Hi,
    When Codewarrior is version 10.3, it can run normally after downloading with supporting PE, but the program cannot run normally after downloading with 11.1 prompt

• Greetings,

Are you sure you are flash programming in CW11.1 and not running a simulation. This is a common problem with people who do not check their connection settings before starting a debug session. For HCS08 architecture we have the ability to run a simulation of the chip and not talk to the chip at all. To test this theory, simply disconnect your target board and start a debug session. If the debug session starts with no problem, then you are obviously running a simulation.

Takao

• Hi,
      When the connection between PE and chip is broken, a hardware connection error will be reported. Can the project of version 10.3 be imported directly into 11.1?
      Lance

• Greetings,

You can try importing, but I never done that before so I cannot tell you from experience.

Takao

• Hi,
      How to resolve program display into Debuga mode program does not work properly?

• Greetings,

I have no idea what you are talking about. What is "program display" and "debug mode program"?

Takao

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement