Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Error pre-stepping processor. (0309)
Victor M. Dec 10, 2019 at 10:59 AM (10:59 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I am receiving the following error using ICDPPCNEXUS with an MPC5676R evalulation board:

'Error pre-stepping processor. (0309)'

This happens after modifying the PC value to point to a different area of code manually. I cannot find any information regarding what this error means. Is there a document containing error codes for this software publicly available? If so could i be provided a link to this.

Comments

• Greetings,

0309 indicates the current value of the 10-bit ONCE status register:

Bits |0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
    |MCLK |ERR | 0 |RESET| HALT|STOP |DEBUG| WAIT| 0 | 1

0309 = 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1

The status indicates the core is still in debug mode (DEBUG =1) but there is an error condition (ERR =1) and the instruction may not have been properly executed.

The "Error pre-stepping processor" would indicate after you moved the PC you attempted to step or run, but the debugger is having issues reading or writing to core registers due to this error condition.

My advice is to check the Machine Check Status Register (MCSR) within the SPR register window to see what went wrong. You can click on the "SPR" button to see this. Check your chip's reference manual and core reference manual to learn what error you got and how you may want to resolve it.

Takao

• Greetings,

Any luck debugging the issue?

Takao

• Hi Takao,

I have had no luck debugging the issue. It seems to be happening due to a software reset that is occuring during an interrupt. I will have to track the issue down.

Thanks,

Victor

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement