Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Multilink universal, MCU Xpresso and MKV46/MKE06 MCUs
Michel B. Dec 9, 2019 at 01:55 PM (13:55 hours)
Staff: Gilbert Y.

• Good day, 

I have been using Multilink universal with MCU Xpresso with two types of MCUs: MKV46 and MKE06. In both cases, I have been experiencing issues when I initiate a debugging session (pegdbserver_console). It starts but then behaves strangely:

- If I simply run the code, it fails initially with an error message. I have to reset the session to make it working (2nd attempt).

- If I debug step-by-step, it eventually restart the session after few steps.

I performed the update recommended by MCU Xpresso the first time it detected the interface.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

Regards,

Michel

Comments

• Hi Michel,

Can you provide the error message that you are seeing?

Additionally, can you provide me with the version of MCUXpresso as well as the version of the PEmicro plug-in?

Regards,
      Gilbert Y.

• Good day, 

Here is the information:

Error message: Break at address "0x256" with no debug information available, or outside of program code.

MCU Xpresso : MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.1 [Build 2563] [2019-09-01]

Version PEMicro plug-in: com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.pe (11.0.1.201908121550)

Regards,

Michel

• The plugin version looks like it's the version of MCUXpresso. You can find our plugin version through the following:

Help > Install New Software, then What is already installed? in the new window.

• Good day, 

I did performed an update using the pemicro updates website. Here is the plugin installed:

- PEmicro ARM Device Expansion Plugin: 4.4.1.201911122108.

I restarted the IDE and got an update screen. I tried the debugging session but I got the same behavior:

- Break at address "0x256" with no debug information available, or outside of program code.

Michel

• The error you are reporting is not specific to PEmicro software. This is an error message reported by Eclipse when debug symbols/information is not available for the line of code being debugged (optimization could be turned on) or you have hit an exception and the PC has gone outside of the expected program area.

Are you seeing this issue with any other debuggers or projects? Does this issue only occur when using a debugger from us?

• Good day, 

I have another debugger (J-Link Ultra+) which I share with a another engineer and it works perfectly with that. That's why I think that the issue is probably with the debugger.

Regards,

Michel

• Michel, would you be able to share your debug configuration settings or project with us? If you can, please open up a support request with us and mention this forum post.

• Support ticket opened. I have attached my debug profile to the support ticket.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement