Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
M9S8AC16 and USB-ML-ACP
Geoff C. Nov 6, 2019 at 06:23 AM (06:23 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi All. I have a PCB tester for a board that has a Freescale M9S8AC16 processor. The test jig currently has a USB-ML-12E Rev C. which is used to program the porcessor.

As the USB-ML-12E is now discontinued, I would like to have a replacement on hand should it fail.

Will a USB-ML-ACP support this device or do I need the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL? I can't find any information on the device other than it is a Freescale product.

Comments

• Apologies, the package marking is M9S8AC16 but the part number is actually MC9S08AC16

• Greetings,

You will require USB ML Universal. The USB ML ACP will only support ARM cores. The 9S08AC16 is a HCS08 core.

The USB ML Universal is the direct replacement of the USB ML 12E, which is indeed discontinued.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for the prompt response. Will I need to purchase new programming software and licences or should the software we use with the USB-ML-12E still work? We currently use progHCS08sz.

• Greetings,

The USB ML 12 will continue to work. We are pretty good at being backwards compatible with hardware. However, if your software is too old it may not support our latest hardware like your new purchase of USB ML Universal rev D.

Let me know your version of PROGHCS08 and I will let you know if you also need to get software.

Takao Yamada

• We are running version 1.30

• Greetings,

You need at minimum version PROGHCS08 v6.22.00.00.
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=27

Takao Yamada

• Thanks Tako for your help.
    It looks like the USB-ML-12E drivers do not work with my Win10 PC as the programmer is not detected. It stil works ok on a WIN 7 pc. In device manager it is not appearing as a com port.

Is there a USB-ML-12E driver for Win 10 64-bit?

• Takao, are you able to answer my question about win10 drivers for the USB-ML-12E please?

• Greetings,

There are no other special drivers to use between Win 7 and Win 10. Same drivers for all hardware interfaces.

Try on a different computer with Win 10. It should work.

Takao

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement