Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Issue with USB-ML-UNIVERSAL Rev D, Codewarrior, and PROGHC08
Kenneth H. Oct 30, 2019 at 12:38 PM (12:38 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have an issue with Codewarrior and PROGHC08 programs with the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL Rev D.  This issue started when we replaced an older version of the Multilink with the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL.  Before the replacement, we were programming Freescale/NXP MC9S08DZ128 processors without any issue. After replacement the PROGHC08 program didn’t recognize the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL.  The computer was a older computer using Windows 7, so we swapped the Multilink Universal with a computer which was running Windows 10, and Codewarrior and an older Multilink.

The USB-ML-UNIVERSAL was tried to run a debug session, and Codewarror connected to the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL a Updating Firmware message popped up, followed by a Update Failed message, which said: “Original Firmware: 88.194”; “Current Firmware: 1.237”; “Update Firmware: 6.13”; and “Error, Check Port, Power, and Connections”.

When used with the latest version of P&E PROGHC08, the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL is not recognized as being connected.

We have already: Checked the USB drivers to make sure they are successfully installed; Updated the Firmware using the P&E Update Utility; and Installed the latest version of PROGHC08;
    Need help, or do I have a malfunctioning USB-ML-UNIVERSAL.

Comments

• Greetings,

If the firmware config utility detects the multilink, then we know drivers and connection to the multilink is fine.

For PROGHCS08 to not recognize your hardware can be two things: You have other software/utility that is already connected to it, or the software is not the latest. So make sure to close all other software before checking with PROG software. The latest version of PROG is v6.94 as of October 30th 2019.

Which Codewarrior version are you using?
    What version of PROG are you using?

Takao Yamada

• The version of Codewarrior we are using is: Codewarrior for MCU, Version 10.2.  This version also has Digi XBee extensions.

The version of PROG we are using is PROG08SZ Version 5.74.00.00

PROG08SZ does not recognize the Multilink Universal, however the Universal Multilink Firmware Update And Architecture Selection Utility Version 10.17.00 does recognize the Multilink Universal. I have updated the firmware with the RS08/S08/S12(X)(Z)/ColdFire+/ColdFire V1 architecture. The update utility indicates the update was successful.

Also I noticed that when the PROG software tries to contact the Multilink. The Digalog Box shows a MON08 Pinout of a 16 pin connector and not 6 pin used by the development boards. Also If I click on the Socket Programming Adapter Settings button I get a error message saying: "INI File not Found (C:\PEMicro\PKG08SZ\MON08_HEADER.INI)!"

• Greetings,

You should be using PROGHCS08 software for HCS08 architecture, not PROG08SZ, to be able to support MC9S08DZ128. This is why your multilink universal is not being recognized because the universal does not support HC08 architecture:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=27

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement