Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Driver/Software support for X-S32R294RRU2
Jordan S. Sep 2, 2019 at 10:11 AM (10:11 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello, I'm currently working the PEMciro Multilink, and the s32 Design Studio IDE - where my errors relate to the Micro controller not been detected. It's note worthy previous pedigrees of the S32 ICs have worked.

Is there current support for NXP's S32R294RRU2, or will there be support in the near future?

I've been advised from a colleague, a simple licence or software update might resolve my issue?

Any advice?

Kind regards,
    Jordan

Comments

• Greetings,

The support is available on S32 Power IDE. Just download our latest plugin by going to Help -> Check for Updates.

Let me know if you have any issues and let me know if you are using the EVB board from NXP and its revision of the board.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks Takao. 

S32 has now been updated. I believe another problem I'm facing is regarding the PROGPPCNEXUS software. Does this also facilitate new drivers for the S32R294RRU2?

Regarding the NXP Eval Boards, currently I have access to two boards with the following Revision numbers:
    Board 1: SCH-32157 REV A, 700-32157 REV X1
    Board 2: SCH-32157 REV B, 700-32157 REV B

Regards,
    Jordan

• Greetings,

I have the exact same boards. They should work fine with the latest plugin you just downloaded.

PROG is still in the works. We will get that out soon. You will be the first to know.

Takao Yamada

• Hello,

That's brilliant, and thank you I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
    Jordan. S

• Greetings,

Any issues using the plugin?
    I will have a PROG for you shortly, I was out of the office for the last week and getting to this now.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Latest PROG software version 7.59 now supports S32R294.
    If you have a recent PROG or ICD or PKG software license then you should be able to download the latest from our website and have no issues using it:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=194

Takao Yamada

• Hello, 

That's brilliant. Thank you Takao!

• Hi Takao,

I work with Jordan - many thanks for the release of this software.

We're working with some custom hardware that has a different QSPI flash, a Winbond W25Q32J. Can I use an existing PCP file and modify the headers? Do I need to purchase it from P&E micro?

Thanks,
    Keith

• Greetings,

QSPI chips are all pretty much identical and they all respond to the same commands. As long as the memory size is the same I bet you would be able to use the same algorithm and program without issues.

Takao Yamada

• Unfortunately the existing S32R294 algorithms are all for larger flashes, 128 & 256 Mbit - this is a 32 Mbit flash.

Does this mean I need one from P&E Micro?

• Greetings,

Possibly, what happens if you just program 32 Mbits using the 128Mbit algorithm?

Takao Yamada

• I get an error just after loading any of the algorithms: "Error enabling module, part timed out during buffer initialisation."

Earlier it says "S32R294 Device detected."
    This error message comes after "Loading programming algorithm ..." and "WARNING - Selected .PCP file has been modified. CRC16 = $F162"

• Greetings,

Don't care about the warning. Okay, it does look like I need to create a custom algorithm for you. I picked up the request ticket and I will work on it soon.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2019 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement