Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
ATCM_SPC564A70_1x32x512k
Stephen F. Apr 6, 2018 at 03:30 PM (15:30 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am trying to program this device using a cyclone max with firmware revision 7.80. I cannot generate an image using the latest cyclone software because it is not compatible with the 7.80 firmware. I cannot update the firmware in this cyclone to the latest version, because there are old images that I no longer have the source files for, but still must be used in this programmer. The algorithm that I have must have a prog version newer than 6.10.

Is it possible for you to provide an install package that will allow me to generate an image with this algorithm that will work on a cyclone max with 7.80 firmware?

Or a different algorithm that will work with this micro, and the older prog version?

Comments

• An additional note is that we use a unix computer to control the cyclone, and the 7.94 firmware revision doesn't seem to work with our legacy software. 
    That is why we must stay at 7.80 firmware. An older algorithm seems like the best solution to my problem.

• Greetings,

The reason for the algorithm to have a minimum firmware version is because a new feature in the firmware was added to support this algorithm. Therefore, you must have that firmware version to use the algorithm.

You need to find a way to recreate old images. It is extremely risky to hold your production programming to one cyclone with no backup solution. The day that cyclone dies you have nothing to work with.

How do you know that firmware version 7.94 does not work with your current software? Your cyclone control package should work on all firmware versions of the cyclone max.

Takao Yamada

• Hello,

We are not using cyclone control package. This is on a 30 year old Unix computer. Whenever we tried the new firmware version using our old software that has been used for many years, image update didn't work right. Everything else still seemed to work though.

And by the way, we do have a backup plan. We can replace a cyclone anytime we want. We know how to downgrade the firmware from the latest to whichever one we need. And the risk of the cyclone going out probably isn't our biggest problem in this particular set up...

Thank you for the old algorithm I will give it a shot today and see what happens.

• this old algorithm file fixed my problem. thank you

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement