Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Cyclone MAX for MPC555LF8MZP40
andrey g. Mar 3, 2018 at 03:29 AM (03:29 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Hello. I can not program with BDM ECU Scania EMS S6 MPC555 after unsuccessful programming via OBD2. I downloaded the firmware from the working unit. I connect, I try different algorithms, does not allow to erase and write the firmware. I apply a screenshot. Tell me please.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Envy, during the removal gives error $ 2003: Erase error, module failed or canceled. What could be the reason ? Thank you.

• Hi Andrey,

The MPC555LF8MZP40 is considered a Rev M of the MPC555. The latest rev we have an algorithm for is Rev K3. Would you be able to send us a target board for testing?

Regards,
      Johnny

• Hi Andrey,

This is from the user manual of the mpc555lf8mzp40:

1) 8.9.2.6 VPP
      "VPP supplies the programming and erase voltage for the CMF flash modules. It is
      nominally 5.0 V for program or erase operations and can be lowered to a nominal
      3.3 V for read operations."

Please check if the voltage on the VPP pin on your board is 3.3 V or 5V. If it
      is only 3.3V there is no way we can erase or program the flash modules on this
      board.

2) From 19.9.1 EPEE Signal

"If EPEE = 1 when EHV is asserted, high voltage operations such as program or
      erase are enabled. If EPEE = 0 when EHV is asserted, high voltage operations
      are disabled."

In other words, if the EPEE pin is 0 V, high voltage is disabled and if EPEE
      pin is 3.3V then high voltage is enabled.

3) I would also check to see if there are any I/O pins connected to EPEE.

Regards,
      Johnny

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement