Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Problems with CYCLONE_CONTROL.dll in Labview
Tomas S. Mar 2, 2018 at 01:28 AM (01:28 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Hi i recently have some problems with CYCLONE_CONTROL.dll (version 5.89). Its simply not working at all, function connect_to_cyclonepromax always returning 0. using function START_execute_all_commands does nothing (uint32_t Start_execute_all_commands(uint32 handle,uint8_t image_id)). However i have CycloneControlSDK.dll (version 6.68) and its almost work fine. Labview was able connect to cyclone_ST, function Start_execute_all_commands is working fine, but function START_dynamic_program_bytes is not working at all. We pursue professional license. Any suggestion ? Maybe CycloneControlSDK.dll is basic version? and START_dynamic_program_bytes simply not available.

Comments

• Hello, i found the problem, its my mistake :) before function connect_to_cyclonepromax you must use function enumerate_all_ports. Simply sollution Read the ... manual :)

• Hi Tomas

Yes you should call enumerate_all_ports once before you use any other function.

You might also find the flow chart in section 3.6 helpful. It describes a typical usage scenario which is:

Step 1: Initiate programming operations. “START_execute_all_commands”
      carries out the programming operations defined in the stand-alone image stored
      on the Cyclone unit. “START_dynamic_program_bytes” allows the user to
      manually specify the data as well as the memory address of the programming.

Step 2 : Wait for programming completion. Note that no error checking is
      provided by the “check_STARTED_cyclonepromax_status” call. A result of 0 will
      be returned even if an error has occurred or if communication with the Cyclone is lost.

Step 3 : Retrieve the error code from the Cyclone unit to determine if the
      programming was successful.

Regards,
      Johnny
      PEmicro

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement