Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Coldfire V1 + Codewarrio 10.6 flash down very slow
. Feb 21, 2018 at 04:21 PM (16:21 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• We're recently ported a Codewarrior 6.3 project to a Codewarrior 10.6 project. Everything is working okay but the flash download time has gone from ~30 second to about 4 minutes. I've been looking for the shift frequency configuration but I cannot find this option anywhere! Any help?

Comments

• Oh, and this is using a blue multilink universal.

• Greetings,

There are no shift frequency for any BDM (6-pin) connection.

What happens if you created a brand new project for your device within CW10.6 and simply program the chip with no modification to code or settings? If it programs fast, then try integrating your code into the default project and try programming again.

I have never heard of any CFV1 device take 4 minutes using CW10.6. Are you consistently getting 4 minutes? Or is the first attempt taking just 4 minutes? There could be time spent compiling, updating your multilink's firmware, and setting up a new debug session that may increase the total time.

Takao Yamada

• Alright, we got back to this problem today.

On Codewarrior 6.3, a 195KB image takes 31 seconds to download
      On Codewarrior 10.6, the example project padded out of 195KB takes 1 min. 21 seconds to download. This does not include compilation or BDM firmware updating.

Any ideas?

• Hello, any thoughts on the update I posted?

• I see, that' why I can't find it then :) Our other products use SWD so I was hoping there would be something similar.

This is a consistent 4 minute download time for about 210KB. This was verified by setting up a debug task with the auto build feature disabled.

A coworker and myself using different BDMs, different target hardware, and different PCs see the same results. I'll try a fresh project and see what happens.

• Greetings,

I just returned from a conference in Europe. Sorry for the delayed reply.

Just for confirmation, are you programming flash or RAM? If RAM, then I understand why the time may take longer with CW10.x because the RAM had to be programmed twice to properly set up the debug session, while in CW6.3 we did not had to do that to work.

Make sure you are doing a flash project and compare both Codewarriors and you should see no time difference.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement