Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Problem in connecting to Devkit-S12XE
Kari L. Feb 21, 2018 at 07:36 AM (07:36 hours)
Staff: Zahar R.

• I've started to work with NXP's evaluation board Devkit-S12XE and trying to program one of the example codes to the target using CodeWarrior 5.2 Special Edition. I'm using CW's Burner utility and connecting to the target with OSBDM CDC serial port. My PC has Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. The programming does not succeed. Therefore, I went through the instructions found in your document "Installation and Operation of OSBDM". My EVB has firmware version 31.26, so I follow the document accordingly. Going to the Device Manager I see LibUSB-Win32 Devices -> OSBDM/OSJTAG - Debug Port and Ports -> OSBDM/OSJTAG - CDC Serial Port as I should. Port seems to be COM11 but I can successfully change it to COM1 as expected by the CW Burner utility (COM1...COM4 required). What worries a little bit, is that I also see Jungo Connectivity -> WinDriver although that is not expected according to your documentation with the OSBDM firmware version I have. Then, there seems to be libusb0.dll in Windows/SysWOW64 but no peosbdmv1.dll or osbdm-jm60.dll. Is this an indication that something went wrong in the CW installation process? Anyway, I downloaded and installed PEFirmwareUpdater and then I noticed that osbdm-jm60.dll appears in Windows/SysWOW64 but no peosbdmv1.dll. In CWS12v5.2/Prog-folder I have peosbdmv1.dll (after CW installation, not added afterwards) but no osbdm-jm60.dll. Is there something I should do with all these files and folders to get the connection running? On the other hand, there is a similar ticket (ID#204) and there the instruction is that the user should downgrade the OSBDM firmware to 30.xx to get the serial traffic running. But that's for CW 5.1 and as I'm running 5.2 I wonder whether this instruction is still valid.

Comments

• Hi Kari, 

Sorry for delayed response. I just want to see if you are still having an issue described in this forum.

What is your final end goal in terms of using this board? Are you trying to program your project into the board and do run control debugging, or are you trying to get something accompished in addition to regular run control debugging.

Can you please email me the OSBDM and CW Burner documentation that you are using to "zahar at pemicro dot com".

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

• Hello,

Thank you for your response. In this work my target is to write my own program and test it in the evaluation board. Later we will develop our own hardware using NXP processor and then further develop the code in this new environment. Depends, however, on our customer to continue the project after the demo phase. What comes to my question, the main reason for my problems was that the Burner utility in the Code Warrior toolchain is for file format conversion, not to program the target. I learned that from NXP. I think that the name Burner is a little bit misleading but I'm now clear with that and have continued my work successfully. Later I will come back to you when I need to select the HW tool for the final target HW programming.

• Hi Kari, 

Thank you for following up. I am glad that you can successfully proceed with your development. It sounds that in future, you will need to use one of our Multilink debug interfaces to do run/step/breakpoint debugging of S12 NXP device under Codewarrior.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any more questions.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement