Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
is there a better PC software than ICDPPCNEXUS for USB MultiLink
wesley x. Feb 3, 2018 at 07:59 AM (07:59 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi, PEmicro

we bought some PEmicro USB MultiLink debugger, and tried to debug our software with the trial ICDPPCNEXUS PC software.

I want to point out that the ability of ICDPPCNEXUS is too pool to debugger a big application. for example, the variable can't update automatically until I stop the CPU; it can't (or very hard to) watch a structure variable; many many normal debugger feature miss ...

the USB ML debugger is ok, but the PC software seems not.
    does PEmicro have any better PC software for USB ML debugger, is the Purchased version is better ? or is there a third-part software support USB ML debugger ?

/WX

Comments

• Greetings,

The full version only opens the possibility of programming more than 64K. There are no extra features with a full version.

Could you tell me which PPCNEXUS device you are using so we can recommend the other debugging software options that still uses the USB ML debugger.

Takao Yamada

• Hi, Takao 

I am using NXP MPC574xx devices, include MPC5745B, MPC5746C, MPC5748G.

/WX

• Greetings,

S32 Power IDE is a great solution. Our GDB server plugin found within this IDE will allow you to use our hardware debuggers and our back-end debugging solution, while giving you a more updated front-end with features you may expect in modern debugger software:
    www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/s32-design-studio-ide/s32-design-studio-ide-for-power-architecture-based-mcus:S32DS-PA

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement