Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Cyclone Universal Programmer programming error
Qinsheng L. Jan 25, 2018 at 12:10 PM (12:10 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

I tried to program the NXP MKE14Z128VLL7 chip with Cyclone Universal Programmer but I got an error: $00001003, blank check operation failed.

What could be the problem?

This is the first time I tried to program the 128VLL7 chip. I programmed the MKE14Z256VLL7 chip before and I didn't get the error.

I changed the algorithm from ke14z256m7 to ke14z128m7 in config file before I program the 128VLL7 chip.

Also I cannot make Multilink Universal debugger work with the 128VLL7 chip. the debugger worked fine with the 256VLL7 chip.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Qinsheng

Comments

• Greetings,

Have you tried debugging the issue in PROG for ACMP software found in your cyclone software package? Within PROG it would give you a better idea which address it is failing at.

Are you also using multilink universal in a PROG software environment? Or are you using it in an IDE for programming and debugging?

Takao Yamada

• I'm only using multilink universal in IDE for debugging.

PROG for ACMP software, is that for Cyclone Universal Programmer?

Qinshneg

• Greetings,

Which IDE are you using for the multilink?

PROG for ACMP is found in your cyclone software package. This version is only used with cyclones.

If you want a version that works with multilink, you must purchase a license for PROG for ACMP.

Please report back your results when using PROGACMP.

Takao Yamada

• I'm using MCUXpresso IDE.

How can I use PROG for ACMP in Cyclone?

Thanks.

• Greetings,

If you know how to program using standalone programming, then using PROG ACMP is going to be just as simple. Connect to your device and start running the commands you used in standalone inside the PROG software. It simply runs each command step-by-step so you know where it is failing and get more information.

If you still need help, read the PROG ACMP user manual.

Takao Yamada

• I can use PROG for ACMP software with cyclone universal successfully now. But I still cannot program my target board.

I can connect to the target board and reset the board. But all the other commands like, erase module, program module, etc. failed. The message I got is: selected command is not active for this module. What could be the problem?

Thanks.

• Greetings,

Give me a list of commands in the order you executed them, and tell me when the error occurs.

What you should be doing is after selecting your algorithm, you should call in this order:

SS to load binary file to program
    EM to erase module
    PM to program module
    VC to verify CRC

Where does your error occur in this order of commands?

Takao Yamada

• The algorithm ke14z128m7 selection is ok; 
    the SS is ok.

After that, actually, the EM command is not available from the Choose Programming Function window. But CS, PS, VM, etc. are available from the window. Maybe chip is locked?

Thanks.

• Greetings,

If you were to switch to the MKE14Z256VLL7 instead of the 128VLL7, does everything work fine when using PROG software? It is just the 256VLL7 giving you problems? The EM command should always be there.

Takao Yamada

• Yes. for MKE14Z256VLL7, everything is ok; only MKE14Z128VLL7 has the problems.

• Greetings,

Could you go to support page -> support requests and create a ticket for me. Please post the 2 algorithms you are using so we can investigate the issue.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement