Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
debugging LPC812 in MCUxpresso
Dennis E. Jan 19, 2018 at 12:51 PM (12:51 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Development IDE MCUxpresso
    Eval Board LPCxpressor812-MAX
    Jtag probe Multilink Universal REV C using port G

I cannot debug using port G SWDIO/SWCLK. Keep getting an error unable to connect.
    What is the best method of debugging this processor?

Comments

• Greetings,

Looks like your setup should work just fine.

First make sure to force update your multilink to the latest firmware, even if you just bought it recently. Use the firmware updater utility here:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

Also make sure your MCUxpresso is the latest version and you have our latest GDB server. Go to the Help Menu -> Check for updates.

Also check within debug configurations for settings like SWD protocol and debug shift frequency. Try lowering the debug shift frequency and set the SWD protocol checkbox.

Are you doing anything unique, like custom ribbon cable, adapters, custom wiring, etc?

Takao Yamada

• I have nothing unique using one of the example programs Example_I2C_PCF8591.
    I am using multi firmware USBMLFSUFARMENS.0981
    Now I am getting the following error

"PEmicro GDB Launch Failure: The GDB Server was not able to establish a connection to target processor."

• Greetings,

The projects does not matter in this matter. You are using the latest firmware for your multilink which is good.

I need to know ...

1) if you are using the latest GDB server
    2) Settings you set in the debug configuration
    3) Any unique hardware you are using.

Takao Yamada

• I was able to get in the debugger by powering the board while holding the reset button down. A pop up message on pc appeared "CRP disabled".

• Greetings,

I believe that is a message about the Embed firmware you are using on your evaluation/demo board. Are you connecting a USB cable to your board to power it up? If so, then this message makes sense and you might not actually be communicating using the multilink.

Check your debug configuration and make sure you have the multilink as your interface and not any other communication port.

Is there a way to power up this board not using the USB port? My worry is that the Embed firmware is interfering with the multilink's attempt to enter debug mode.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement