Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Cyclone Max Debug Error $00000007
Dinesh B. Jan 18, 2018 at 12:32 AM (00:32 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello I am using Cyclone Max now. My MCU is MKV10Z32VLC. It is reporting that the programmer is giving an ERROR 07 which means $0007: Error entering debug modeThis is happening on all boards. I provide VDD the other source. And also I connected the gnd cyclone max and source.I use standard SWD 20 pin.

Could you please support us that issue asap.

Comments

• Greetings,

Are you using SWD protocol? KV10 must use SWD instead of JTAG. Since you are using standard 20 pin, you will need to short pins 13 and 7 so that you are using SWD protocol.

If you are using the JTAG/SWD adapter for mini-20 connection you just have to set the jumper to use SWD.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,
      I am using pin7 = SWD_DIO and pin 13 = TDO.

• Greetings,

That is correct, those pins must be shorted for the TDO line to work on the SWD_DIO line. Short these and your cyclone max will use SWD protocol on the standard 20 pin connection.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

We shorted pins 7 and 13, now we are getting Error $0000000A which means Error writing a block of data to target.

• Greetings,

Okay, we are getting closer. Which algorithm are you using? And what commands are you using? List the commands in order so I understand how you are programming.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

We are using freescale_kv10z32m7_1x32x8k_pflash algorithm.

The commands are listed below

CM
      SS
      EN ; Erase if not Blank
      PM ; Program Module
      VC ; Verify Checksum
      VM ; Verify Module
      SD ; SECURE DEVICE
      RE ; Reset

• Greetings,

The command you are using are fine, though there is absolutely no need to do both VC and VM command. Just choose one.

How long is your ribbon cable or other hardware between the cyclone and the target? Is it just the standard cable from P&E, or you have a custom cable longer than 6 inches (15.24cm) long? It looks like there is some communication issue that is barely working.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

We are using Standard ribbon cable from P&E.

We are using two ribbon cables:
    FC-20P and FC-6P.

• Greetings,

Why are you using two ribbon cables? What is the point of the 6-pin? Please detail as much as possible so I understand your setup since I cannot see it. You must be using an adapter, which is typically the cause of these kind of issues.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

We are using own adapter.
    20 pin ribbon cable is connecting from cyclone max to adapter(20 pin connector) and 6 pin ribbon cable is connecting from adapter(6 pin connector) to our target board.

• Greetings,

Your setup basically extends the length of the entire ribbon cable by double because you are using 2 ribbon cables in series. This will cause timing delays and you must significantly drop the debug shift frequency option.

Is the adapter just selecting 6 out of the 20 pins one-to-one? Or is there something unique about this adapter? If it is just doing a one-to-one and reducing footprint, then you are better off creating your own ribbon cable so you can cut down on the length. This will improve communication and allow you to increase the debug shift frequency for faster programming.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

We cut both 6-pin and 20-pin ribbon cable. We cannot download the program, again its saying error 0000007

• Greetings,

We cut both 6-pin and 20-pin ribbon cable.We cannot download the program, again its saying error 0000007.

If I short pin 7 and pin 13, its saying $00005003 which means Verification operation failed (or) canceled .

• Greetings,

You are almost there. Try lowering the debug shift frequency even more and you might get a successful program and verification.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

We got Successful program on Cyclone Max, but the program is not upload in our board.

• Greetings,

I understand you able to load the cyclone with your SAP image. That is not the difficult part. The problem is with programming and I need you to try different settings.

If you continue to have issues, you are best to look into using the PROG for ACMP software found in your cyclone max software package and see if you can debug the issue. Use the same settings you made for your SAP image and see if you can replicate the issue.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

We changed the shift frequency. when we upload program to our target board, we got Ready to display in cyclone max and The ready and success led is glow on cyclone max. but the program is not upload in our target board.
    We Checked our board after program uploading, board is not working.

• Greetings,

I know you can load the image. That is not my concern at all. Just because it loads into the cyclone does not mean at all that it will program your device. It just means data can move from computer to cyclone. That is it.

I need you to use the PROG for ACMP software within your cyclone max software to move forward because you are not getting any progress here.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,
    We use the PROG for ACMP software within cyclone max software it's connecting and we upload the Algorithm in that just it's saying done.

• Greetings,

When we create a sap file in cyclone image creation utility software, we give the following commands.

CM
    SS
    EN ; Erase if not Blank
    PM ; Program Module
    VC ; Verify Checksum
    VM ; Verify Module
    SD ; SECURE DEVICE
    RE ; Reset

the program is not upload our target board.

In that we give without SD: SECURE DEVICE that is upload our target board.

Is it create any problem in future.

• Greetings,

Try using the latest Cyclone max software and firmware. I believe the issue is that the RESET is causing your chip to re-enter debug mode after securing the chip, which will erase your chip.

If the new firmware does not resolve your issue, then remove the RE command at the end.

Takao Yamada

• Here is the latest cyclone max firmware:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=290

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

We have already update this latest cyclone max firmware.

• Greetings,

We remove the RE command at the end, now program is upload our target board.
    Is it create any problem?

• Greetings,

For your situation, removing the RE command was required. It will not create a new problem for you.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Thanks for your support.

• Greeting,

Hi Takao we got a new cyclone fx.

we use Mkv10z32vlc7 mcu. I create new SAP file for this program using cyclone image creation utility which I found in the Cyclone fx user manual. then I tried to program in my target board it says ERROR $0007.

Will I need to short pins 13 and 7 in SWD protocol?

can you guide me?

• Again, try using PROGACMP to debug your issues. I cannot guess what the problem is just from the error. Also, please do not create new support threads and post your question twice. It only doubles my work.

There is no need to short pins on the new cyclones to use SWD protocol.

Takao Yamada

• when we create a sap file, we remove the RE command at the end , now program is upload our target board.

what is custom trim frequency?

we checked both without and with custom trim frequency then the target board is working.

• Greetings,

You need to read the chip's reference manual about clock trim. A quick summary is that if your code is dependent on a specific clock speed, then you can use trim to dial up or down the internal clock frequency so that your application can run at a different clock. You can use our software to modify the trim simply by specifying the frequency you want and our tools will program the TRIM registers accordingly without you needing to do the calculations.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement