Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Does USB MultiLink PPCBDM Rev. B work on Win7?
Brian F. Jan 16, 2018 at 12:04 PM (12:04 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I've tried looking through these forums and the FAQs for answers but can't quite find a solution. So my question - does USBML Rev B work on Win 7? I've tried various drivers and it seems the latest drivers (12.4) will detect the device and show a 'USB Multilink 2.0' in my device manager however when i go to PROGPPCZ the device is not detected. When i look at the device itself it the blue LED is on and the yellow LED is off.

Have i hit the obsolescence wall or is there a work around?

Thanks,
    Brian

Comments

• Greetings,

The problem is the software, not your hardware or drivers. If the software was released before year 2010, then it will have issues working on the latest operating systems. Year 2010 is when Windows 7 and 64-bit machines became popular and we updated all of our software to work with the new libraries required to get it working.

Please check your software executable for PROGPPCZ and see when it was last released/modified. Then you can determine if your software should work or not.

If your software is old, you will need to get a new software license from our website. Our software upgrade policy is you get free updates within a year of purchase. Within 2 years you can get a 50% discount on upgrades. If you believe you are entitled to a discount, please go to Support page -> Support requests and create a ticket for us to detail your order information. (DO NOT detail your order information here on the public forums). Otherwise, you will have to purchase a new license:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=121

Takao Yamada

• Thank you for the quick response.  I'll take this back to my team.

Thanks,
      Brian

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement