Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Can't complete multilink_universal_install.exe
Eric T. Jan 11, 2018 at 05:24 PM (17:24 hours)
Staff: Kevin M.

• I have a PE Multilink Universal, Rev. D and am trying to install it on Win 7 Pro SP1, 64-bit.  I downloaded the latest USB Multilink Universal (and FX) Resource CD file and run multilink_universal_install.exe as administrator.  It chokes about 1/3 of the way through with this (from the log file)...

Error: Failed to install the INF file (C:\PEMicro\multilink_universal\Drivers_12_3_0\windriver\windrvr6.inf)

Please verify your driver is signed or disable Windows driver signature enforcement.

LOG ok: 1, ENTER: DriverPackageInstallA
    LOG ok: 1, ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
    LOG ok: 1, Looking for Model Section [DeviceList.NTamd64]...
    LOG ok: 1, Installing INF file 'C:\PEMicro\multilink_universal\Drivers_12_3_0\windriver\windrvr6.inf' (Plug and Play).
    LOG ok: 1, Installing devices with Id "*WINDRVR6" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\windrvr6.inf_amd64_neutral_cf1867c43a919695\windrvr6.inf".
    LOG ok: 1, ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
    LOG ERROR(3): error 2, RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
    LOG ERROR(3): error 2, Installation failed.
    LOG ERROR(3): error 2, PnP Install failed.
    LOG ok: 1, Attempting to rollback ...
    LOG ok: 1, No devices to rollback
    LOG ok: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x2)
    LOG ok: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallA (0x2)
    difx_install_preinstall_inf: err 2, last event 3, last error 2. ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

I disabled the windows driver signature enforcement, repeated the above procedure, but got the same error. What next?

Comments

• Eric,

Can you try the following please?

Can you try installing the latest drivers? http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53

I know this does not solve your issue, but I am curious if this install will work.

Let me know,

Kevin

• Kevin,

I got the same or a similar problem. Here's the output from the log...

WDREG utility v11.7.0. Build Oct 26 2014 09:21:13
    Log from Fri Jan 12 12:26:46 2018

Command line: C:\PEMicro\PEDrivers\supportfiles\Drivers_12_7_0\windriver\wdreg_gui.exe -inf C:\PEMicro\PEDrivers\supportfiles\Drivers_12_7_0\windriver\windrvr6.inf -log C:\PEMicro\PEDrivers\supportfiles\Drivers_12_7_0\windriver\windrvr6_install.log install

Processing HWID *WINDRVR6
    Trying to create virtual device
    Installing a signed driver package for *WINDRVR6
    Error: Failed to install the INF file (C:\PEMicro\PEDrivers\supportfiles\Drivers_12_7_0\windriver\windrvr6.inf)

Please verify your driver is signed or disable Windows driver signature enforcement.

LOG ok: 1, ENTER: DriverPackageInstallA
    LOG ok: 1, ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
    LOG ok: 1, Installing INF file 'C:\PEMicro\PEDrivers\supportfiles\Drivers_12_7_0\windriver\windrvr6.inf' (Plug and Play).
    LOG ok: 1, Installing devices with Id "*WINDRVR6" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\windrvr6.inf_amd64_neutral_cf1867c43a919695\windrvr6.inf".
    LOG ok: 1, ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
    LOG ERROR(3): error 2, RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
    LOG ERROR(3): error 2, Installation failed.
    LOG ERROR(3): error 2, PnP Install failed.
    LOG ok: 1, Attempting to rollback ...
    LOG ok: 1, No devices to rollback
    LOG ok: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x2)
    LOG ok: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallA (0x2)
    difx_install_preinstall_inf: err 2, last event 3, last error 2. ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
    Error: Failed trying to install the driver
    STATUS_FAILURE

• Hello 

I have the same issue...

Any one got at hint to whats wrong and/or solution..?

Running on a Win7 PC, using USB Coldfire MULTILINK...
    USB-ML-CFE rev. C and rev. D

Br,
    Martin Christiansen.

• Martin,
    Kevin was able to help me through this by updating the device drivers through device manager using "Add legacy hardware" selection in the action menu. It had something to do with the driver signing.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement