Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
GDB Eclipse Debug Connection Problem
Brian H. Jan 9, 2018 at 11:25 AM (11:25 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I'm using a MultiLink-ACP to debug Eclipse Oxygen project with an ATSAME70 target. Any idea why I can't connect anymore? I get the following error

Error in final launch sequence
    Halt command not defined for device 'GNU ARM PEMicro Interface'

This may have started when I updated the PEMicro plugin. I've tried uninstalling and reverting the plugin, and also a full re-install of Eclipse, but still can't connect.

Thanks for any help, Brian

• Greetings,

You said this setup used to work? Was it on Eclipse Oxygen, or an earlier version of Eclipse?

Try following the steps in our blog post and see if you are able to get your setup working again:

Takao Yamada

• Yes, it use to work.
      Yes, it is Eclipse Oxygen.

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
      Version: Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2)
      Build id: 20171218-0600

I uninstalled the GDB Server and reinstalled it using blog post steps, (except I had to add the device expansion plugin for the Atmel processor). Same error.

Any idea what "Halt command not defined" means? Is this the client not connecting to the GDB server?

• Greetings,

The error message you are seeing is not coming from the P&E plugin. I cannot find this message anywhere in our GDB server source.

What else has changed in your setup? Did you change workspaces? What was the reasoning behind updating to the latest plugin? This might tell me more information as to what else may cause this problem.

Do you have any logs or outputs?

Takao Yamada

• I was able to solve this by examining a coworkers computer.
      I replaced:
      org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core_9.1.1.201712051550.jar and
      in the plugins directory. This allowed me to connect. I have no idea why the installs were different.
      Thanks for your assistance.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement