Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Shared serial number file
Nonya B. Nov 30, 2017 at 10:30 AM (10:30 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have a requirement to have a shared serial number sequence for multiple firmware images.  This is one product with incrementing serial numbers, but where different firmware images customize the behavior for specific use cases.

I'm using a Cyclone FX, and have tried using the same .ser file in the CS command, but each image still ends up with its own copy of the serial number sequence.

Can anyone advise me on a way to use a common serial number sequence across multiple firmware images?

I know I can do this via the SDK, but was hoping for a simple solution for stand-alone operation.

Thanks,
    Larry

Comments

• Greetings,

Unfortunately there is no simple standalone solution. There is no way for the cyclones to communicate to each other that the serial number has been incremented, like a mesh network. This is why the SDK is required to have a central location which controls the cyclones to program a specific serial number.

Takao Yamada

• Just to be clear, I'm not using multiple Cyclone units.  I'm using one unit, but need to program different images that use the same serial number sequence on that single Cyclone.

• Greetings,

Each image is self-contained and encrypted. It does not communicate with other cyclones or other images.

Takao Yamada

• That's unfortunate.  Thank you for your help!

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement