Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
ERROR $00007004 After U-CYCLONE update
Jose Jorge L. Nov 29, 2017 at 07:28 AM (07:28 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

After updating my Universal cyclones to firmware version v9.86-1.6, the error $ 00007004 occurs when programming the microprocessors. Before the update, the microprocessors were programmed correctly.
    We need to solve this problem as soon as possible since we have stopped production.

Best regards
    Jorge

Comments

• Greetings,

This error indicates TRIM Programming error. Are you using the "PT" command in your image? What this error means is the cyclone cannot calculate the TRIM value to program the chip.

I would advise first trying to use the PROG software found in your cyclone software package. Use the PROG that works with your chip architecture, which you have not detailed.

See if you are able to program the trim. If not, then there is a hardware issue. Not likely to be a firmware issue.

Takao Yamada

• Yes, I'm using the "PT" parameter in the image. Also I used this image in a cyclone with the old Firmware and it works perfectly.

How can I go back to the previous Firmware (version 9.80)?

Jorge

• Greetings,

Again, please mention which chip architecture you are using? What happens if you use the PROG software, are you able to use the PT command?

Reverting firmware is not recommended as it only avoids the issue and you will have difficulty in the future when get a new cyclone or need the latest firmware for features/bug fixes.

Takao Yamada

• The architecture of the chip is Arm of the Ke family of NXP. Yes, I can enable the PT command in the program to create images.

I wanted to revert the firmware to work while I solve the problem

Jorge

• Greetings,

You will need to create a ticket in our Support page -> Support requests so I can send you files.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

You must use the PROG for ACMP software in your cyclone software package, and please try replicating the same commands you are using in your image, including the PT command. After you do this test, then I will know the next steps you must take.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Were you able to test this out in PROG for ACMP? I need to know the results to help determine what the issue is. I do not want your production held up for long.

Takao Yamada

• I have not been able to test the PrGO for ACMP since I do not have the debugger.
    I've tried a much shorter programming cable than I had and it works, but this does not work for me in production.

Can you send me the oldest firmware version?

• Greetings,

When you were using the older firmware, did you also have the longer ribbon cable? And that worked all the time, or did it have occasional problems?

Takao Yamada

• When I was using the older Firmware it worked with the same ribbon cable without problems. What is the maximum distance you recommend?

• Greetings,

We recommend the longest to be 6 inches (15.24 cm), which is the length we typically send our ribbon cables with the purchase of a cyclone.

Any longer than recommended, then you will need to lower the debug shift frequency which is the communication speed between the cyclone and the target. I also recommend shielding the cable so that the signals do not get interference from electromagnetics.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement