Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Importing code warrior project into WinIDE
Phil R. Nov 28, 2017 at 01:23 PM (13:23 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Current project is with the MCF52259 tower board. Plan on getting familiar with this platform before spinning a custom. I'm a new user to the WinIDE but have used other IDEs before, building elf files, debugging using OSBDM or Wind River BDM so so familiar with the process.

I'd like to avoid getting involved with Code Warrior all together but use their projects that demonstrate use of the MCF52259 demo board. I;m able to export a gnu makefile and build it but want to know if I can import a Code Warrior projects into WinIDE?

Thanks

Comments

• Greetings,

There is no feature to directly import projects into winIDE. However you can create a new project within winIDE and add the source files. (You do have to add files individually and not just a folder).

Have you tried the trial/demo of our ColdFire Development that includes winIDE, PROG for programming, and ICD for debugging? The limitation is the code size, so as long as your project is small you can play around and see if you are able to import a project:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=180

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

I just purchased the PKGCFZ-PRO which includes WinIDE and getting familiar with it. Previously was using the started edition for smaller projects.

The code warrior directory structure for source code/include files and libs for this eval board are complicated because of the many sample programs so I'll have to weed out only what I need. Just need the TCP and USB stacks running with "hello world" in the main loop and was looking for an easy way out

Thank You for the reply.

Phil

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement