Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Error 0007 when programming with Cyclone Pro
Marie Rose C. Nov 21, 2017 at 01:36 PM (13:36 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

I am using the cyclone pro (version C 8.53.1.6)in the Stand-alone mode. When I press the "Start" button, the cyclone max jumps directly to the "error" without other processes, and shows the "$00000007"error.

I have an another cyclone pro version C and I have no problem with this one. The jumper is on position 5 for the both. But the tensions on the BDM connector are different. For the cyclone pro with problem, the tensions are :
    BKGD :3.15V
    VDD : 5.4V
    RESET : 6.01V

Do you have any idea of the problem ? Thank you in advance

Marie-Rose

Comments

• Greetings,

Which chip are you trying to program?

BKGD and RESET should be the same voltage reading as VDD. Somehow the BKGD line is too low and probably floating.

Could you disconnect the cyclone and do the voltage measurements again? All 3 readings should be 5V.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you for your quick reply
    I have measured the voltage again and I have the same readings if I connect the board or not. I have done the same readings with the cyclone which works. The readings are ~0.05V for the 3 voltages.
    I try again to measure the voltages on the cyclone pro which works and now I have the same issue : "$00000007"error (short circuit ?). It's a big problem for us : our production is stopped. Could you help me ASAP ?

• Hi,

Could you help us. Our production is stopped. Thank you in advance

• Greetings,

Sorry we were on holiday on Thursday and Friday.
    Why are the readings nearly zero volts even without the cyclone? Did you make sure the board is powered up when not connected to the cyclone? Do the measurements again and make sure that VDD is 5V which means the chip has power, then check RESET and BKGD. If you continue to read zero volts, that means there is a problem with your board/chip and nothing to do with the cyclone.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement