Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Error in ONCE status register during instruction execution
BJ R. Nov 15, 2017 at 12:32 AM (00:32 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello all,
    I'm using freescale MPC5602P on CW ver2.9 platform and using PE multilink univeral. I faced an issue when executing the step lwz r10,0(r9). After this instruction my complete memory filled with XX XX XX. The address r9 is a valid one 0x0003_FFF8 and my execution is stopped and showing "ERROR in ONCE status register during instruction execution". I added the Freescale_MPC5602P_1x32x64k_CFlash.PCP file for my MPC5602P. Still I'm facing the same problem. Kindly provide some help.

Thanks in advance,

• Greetings,

Error in ONCE indicates a communication issue, typically a bus error. This can happen if the data or address you are reading has an ECC error, or the code you executed caused an unhandled exception/fault.

Before executing this command, what happens if you change r9, using the register view, to a location in ram at address 0x4000_0000? Does it execute without Error in ONCE? If so, then we know that address 0x003_FFF8 is the issue and not an issue with the debugger, assembly code, or other factors. You may also want to try other valid addresses within Code Flash.

Takao Yamada

• Hi,
      Thanks for your valuable information. You are right. The earlier instruction ori operation, I performed, is actually not happening correctly, which I came to know after seeing the register window. And I'm seeing the address which doesn't exist. Once thanks for your response.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement