Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
S19 file not recognized by Cyclone Pro programmer
Isabelle G. Nov 2, 2017 at 05:44 PM (17:44 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I have successfully flashed my HCS08 target (MC9s08gb32) using CodeWarrior + Cyclone Pro. And generated an s19 file on Codewarrior.

But when I tried using the standalone programmer config utility, I always get an error "Error reading S record file".

The algorithm specified is correct, we have been using it for many years to flash that chip.

Is there any post-processing of that .s19 file that needs to be done before loading it into the Standalone programmer?

Thanks for your help
    Isabelle

Comments

• Greetings,

There are no post processing needed on the S19 file if you are using the HCS08 architecture. Only for HCS12 architecture needs post-processing.

1) Is your file actually in s-record format? It may be named with .s19 file extension but open the file in a text editor and confirm it is in s-record format. You can learn what s-record is suppose to look like by doing an online search, but in summary each line should have a format like this:
    S11340C10102030405060708090A0B0C0D0E0F1063
    Where it starts with the letter "S"

2) Is the file readable. Make sure file permissions is not giving you troubles.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao - 

The file is indeed in s-record format, and there are no read restrictions on the file. It is readable on Notepad++.

What is the latest revision of the Cyclone Pro Stand Alone programming utility? I have version 2.16 running on XP right now, on our production PCs.

Isabelle

• Greetings,

Version 5.80 is the latest image creation utility we have. If you want to use the latest, you need to also update your cyclone firmware:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=291

Takao Yamada

• How to upgrade the cyclone pro firmware?

Isabelle

• Greetings,

Just install the software I just gave the link to, and connect to your cyclone using the image creation utility.

Takao Yamada

• Ok thanks, issue solved.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement