Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
S19 file not recognized by Cyclone Pro programmer
Isabelle G. Nov 2, 2017 at 05:44 PM (17:44 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I have successfully flashed my HCS08 target (MC9s08gb32) using CodeWarrior + Cyclone Pro. And generated an s19 file on Codewarrior.

But when I tried using the standalone programmer config utility, I always get an error "Error reading S record file".

The algorithm specified is correct, we have been using it for many years to flash that chip.

Is there any post-processing of that .s19 file that needs to be done before loading it into the Standalone programmer?

Thanks for your help
    Isabelle

Comments

• Greetings,

There are no post processing needed on the S19 file if you are using the HCS08 architecture. Only for HCS12 architecture needs post-processing.

1) Is your file actually in s-record format? It may be named with .s19 file extension but open the file in a text editor and confirm it is in s-record format. You can learn what s-record is suppose to look like by doing an online search, but in summary each line should have a format like this:
    S11340C10102030405060708090A0B0C0D0E0F1063
    Where it starts with the letter "S"

2) Is the file readable. Make sure file permissions is not giving you troubles.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao - 

The file is indeed in s-record format, and there are no read restrictions on the file. It is readable on Notepad++.

What is the latest revision of the Cyclone Pro Stand Alone programming utility? I have version 2.16 running on XP right now, on our production PCs.

Isabelle

• Greetings,

Version 5.80 is the latest image creation utility we have. If you want to use the latest, you need to also update your cyclone firmware:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=291

Takao Yamada

• How to upgrade the cyclone pro firmware?

Isabelle

• Greetings,

Just install the software I just gave the link to, and connect to your cyclone using the image creation utility.

Takao Yamada

• Ok thanks, issue solved.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement