Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Is the .SAP file secure?
David G. Oct 9, 2017 at 05:26 PM (17:26 hours)
Staff: Huajun L.

• Hi, 
    I have purchased one Cyclone ACP programmer to test out the process before buying the second one. I have created a .SAP file for the KL02 project downloaded to the Cyclone and added the “Secure Device” command to the script. Programmed the board flawlessly! Awesome product, thanks.

I have reviewed the PE website and the programming forum to see if I can find something about the .SAP file being encrypted. It would be great to be able to send our PCB manufacture the project.sap files via email when a revision occurs. In the forums I have read that the SAP file cannot be taken off the cyclone and that the S record cannot be extracted from the .SAP file.

Can you point me to a document that would confirm that the .SAP file is indeed secure?

Comments

• Hi David,

Thank you for using our Cyclone products!

The SAP file is currently encrypted. We don't publish any decoding utility for the SAP files for security reasons. However like you mentioned, the SAP file can be loaded to any cyclones.

Once a SAP file is stored in a Cyclone memory, you cannot extract the SAP file or its S record. The memory of Cyclone itself uses industry standard encryption.

We are working on implementing industry standard encryption for the SAP images so you can put in your own encryption key and only those cyclones with your decryption key will be able to use the SAP file. It will be free for our Cyclone FX lines. Non-FX lines can be upgraded with the feature.

Best Regards
    Huajun

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement