Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
57xx debug tools for S32DS on Linux
James M. Oct 4, 2017 at 06:19 PM (18:19 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• A few weeks back I searched on the website and didn't seem able to find any P&E products supporting NXP's 57XX processors under Linux. It seemed that ARM processors were supported on Linux but not PPC.

However, last week I found that the S32 Design Studio includes a working driver for the P&E OSBDM that comes on the TRKMPC5634M board.
    I've hacked this up to get the JTAG wires out and it works to debug 57XX also.

What products are available to debug the MPC5746R that will work with S32 Design Studio under Linux? are they faster than OSBDM?

regards

James

Comments

• Greetings,

Are you using S32 Power IDE? Or are you using the S32 ARM IDE? Both are supported in Windows and Linux, 32 bit and 64 bit. There is no hacking or modification needed to get this working.

There are 4 hardware interfaces that support PowerPC Nexus. All of them are faster than OSBDM.

Multilink universal, multilink universal FX, cyclone universal, cyclone universal FX. You can browse our products page for each and learn the differences and advantages of each.

Takao Yamada

• I'm using "S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture".

The hacking I did was on the TRKMPC5634M eval board to expose the JTAG wires and use the built-in OSBDM to debug a 5746R eval board.

Thanks for the product info, when I searched for Linux and powerPC previously I didn't find any matches.

So.. I looked again at "USB MULTILINK USB Multilink Debug Probe" and the supported section only mentions ARM. It does not say that PPC is supported.
    Supported software: "GDB Server for ARM devices" "S32 Design Studio for ARM"

The Multilink FX bascially says the same, mentions ARM is supported, but not PowerPC.

This is why I thought P&E's products didn't support my application. Please fix your website.

Can you confirm whether these products support "S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture" with the Eclipse plugin?

regards

James

• Greetings,

Yes they are supported in S32 Power.
    All of the pages should say MPC55xx/56xx/57xx. PPC is too generic and people get them confused with PPC BDM (MPC5xx/8xx) or the non-e200 version of PPC (like e300, e500, etc). So we had to use more specific naming.

Takao Yamada

• Please do fix your website. Until I posted here I assumed that your products did not support 57xx.

regards

James

• Greetings,

How would you like us to list it? I cannot write PPC because that would be inaccurate.

Takao Yamada

• Under the line that says:

"S32 Design Studio for ARM"
    add
    "S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture (56xx/57xx only)"

regards

James

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement