Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Replace USB-ML-CFE
Håkan A. Oct 3, 2017 at 05:21 AM (05:21 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• We use P&E USB-ML-CFE to interface the Coldfire MCF52259 today. Now when USB-ML-CFE doesn't exist any longer, what should we use? The Multilink is not compatible with the deveopement software, and no new versions for that software is available and will not be.

Is it possible to change firmware for the Multilink to something compatible with USB-ML-CFE drivers?

Håkan

Comments

• Greetings,

What is "The Multilink" you are using? All of our multilinks have a specific name.

What is "the development software" you are using? The more specific you are, the better I can help you.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for the answer! :-)

"Multilink" is any Multilink that does the job. Or any product that does job, really. "developement software" happens to be Sourcery Codebench in this case, but that really doesn't matter. The point is that it will not ever be delivered in a version that support for example Multilink. We are stuck with the interface that exists in the product today. And that situation is not specific for Codebench.

• Greetings,

You are not completely stuck, do not give up so quickly! Backup your Codebench and use my FAQ to learn how you can try to patch up your software to include new DLL's and multilink firmwares. Once you are patched and still works with the USB-ML-CFE, then you can look into getting our latest multilink universal hardware to be your direct replacement debugging pod.

The patch is found here:
    http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=211&menu_id=faqs

We cannot guarantee that patch will work, but it is worth the effort. If it does not work, I have a few other questions:
    For Codebench, are you doing development? Or are you in need of just a production solution. As long as you have the binary from Codebench, you could move away from that environment and get our production solutions. Let me know if you are interested in this.

Takao Yamada

• Okey. That sounds terrific if it's poosible. I'll try and see what comes out of it.

Thanks for your reply, despite me being a bit unpolite.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement