Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Internal debugger exception on MPC5777M core
christophe p. Sep 30, 2017 at 08:52 AM (08:52 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi all,

I would like to implement an kind of software debugger and of course be able to debug it with PEMicro universal multilink.
    I already can debug baremetal software with PEMicro Probe but now i would like to get some debug exception handling by my software.
    But when the probe is used, the probe stops execution on any debug exception ( Hardware breakpoint, single step, trap instruction used for software breakpoint, ...)
    However according the MPC5777M documentation, it is possible to write a register called EDBRAC0 to share the debug exception handling between hardware debugger (PEmicro probe) and software debugger (my software).
    This EDBRAC0 can only be written by the Probe and it can be red by software.
    I would like to know how i can write to this register to be able to handle by my software the debug exception with the cause allowed by EDBRAC0 bit setting.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Comments

• Greetings,

My assumption here is that you are using our UNITPPCNEXUS DLL to be able to communicate to the multilink using your own software. Is this correct?

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

No, i use Multilink Universal Probe to debug my baremetal powerpc software running on core e200z4 of MPC5777M.
      My baremetal powerpc software is a kind of software debugger and it contains code for handling PowerPC debug exception. So i would like to be able to execute this exception handler code with the Multilink connected to the board.
      But if the probe is used, the probe stops the PPC execution on any PowerPC debug exception source.
      According to the reference manual, by writing in EDBRAC0, it should be possible on debug exception event to have a Probe stop action or a software handling of the PowerPC debug exception depending on the source of this exception.

Christophe Ple

• Greetings,

What I am trying to figure out is what software are you running to control the multilink probe. The multilink does not do anything unless controlled by our DLL or our software like ICD PPCNEXUS software.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement