Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
9S08AW32 Cyclone Pro Programming Problem
Lukasz Z. Sep 21, 2017 at 11:20 AM (11:20 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am having issues programming with AW32 micro. When I use PROGHCS08 with a PE Multilink for HCS08 RevC everything is fine. When I use the Cylone Pro RevC by itself I get errors during programming. When I use the Cyclone Pro PROGHCS08 it also doesn't work. I am able to erase the micro and verify it is erased. During programming it fails. When I check the memory, about every 17 bytes the wrong byte gets written. The byte that is written is the byte 1 address before. How do I fix this issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Greetings,

First, update your cyclone to the latest to make sure you have the latest software and firmware. Repeat your experiment and see if it resolves itself:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=291

Takao Yamada

• I have tried it and still the same issue persists.

• Greetings,

What happens if you use the PROGHCS08 that you used with the multilink? Does that make a difference? Please confirm that you are using the exact same algorithm between your test with multilink and the test with the cyclone.

Are there any unique hardware you are using with the cyclone? Is it using a long ribbon cable, or adapter board, or other unique setup?

If issues persists, then we can conclude the issue is the hardware/firmware and not the software. If you are located in the USA, then you may want to look into sending the unit to us for diagnosis and repair. Best if you could also provide a board so we can replicate the issue.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement