Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
new Multilink Universal not recognized
John S. Sep 12, 2017 at 01:53 PM (13:53 hours)
Staff: Edison T.

• We recently purchased some USB-ML-UNIVERSAL probes rev D, along with PROGPPCNEXUS software. The probes will not connect to the target, using either the new software that came with them, or with older versions of PROGPPC. Older (USB-ML-PPCNEXUS) probes work fine with the new software. Only early indication of problems is that in the opening Connection Manager screen, the PORT field shows as "Multilink Universal Rev ? (PEMC2EF1E)" as an example. The question mark is troubling. Older probes that work display as "USB-ML-PPCNEXUS Rev A...", with a valid Revision number. 

I thought a firmware update may be needed, but the probes are brand new, plus your Firmware Update Utility (downloaded by me today) states that "new versions of P&Es automatically update the firmware of the hardware interfaces automatically. I started to run that utility, but its SELECT DEVICE field also displayed that same "Multilink Universal Rev ? (PEMC2EF1E)" data. Should I still proceed with running that utility, or is there another course of action to take ?

Comments

• We have almost the same Problem.
    We purchased 2 USB-ML-Universal probes rev D, along with Codewarrior 6.4.
    The probes will also not connect to the target (an MCF5223x).
    Neither the original Firmware nor the updated Firmware (suggested by the Firmware Update tool: usbmlfsufcfens.0960 -> selected architecture: ColdfireV234)works. It´s shown as: Multilink Universal Rev ?
    The old probe (an USB-ML-Universal rev C),we purchased, works fine and is shown as Multilink Universal Rev C.

• P&E,
    It has been over one month, with no response from you yet on this issue. Is it being investigated ?

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement