Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone Max Error # 007
Sagar D. Sep 8, 2017 at 04:18 PM (16:18 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

In our application we use our custom board. It has MPCS 5744P micro-controller. I am using Cyclone Max for the first time and I encountered the error $0007: Error Entering Debug Mode.

Please note that it worked once until we got error $5003: Verification operation failed or canceled. From next time, we got the error $0007. Never got it working.

Any idea why would error $0007 is occurring?

Comments

• Greetings,

All error codes can be found in your cyclone user manual. The last chapter has a list of codes and their definition.

Error $0007 indicates problems communicating to the board. This means your connection to the cyclone is fine. But there are problems between the cyclone and the chip. This can be anything from power issues, communication was lost due to watchdog or faulty cables, reset circuitry taking longer than expected, and multiple other causes. Best to use an oscilloscope on the most important signals and see what is going on.

For PowerPC Devices another thing to look into is making changes to boot up like reset escalation settings, watchdog, or security.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for the reply. I was able to rectify the error. But I ran into another error.

In my application, I have bootloader and application. If I flash just the bootloader or the application individually, I flash them successfully. But when I try to create and image of bootloader first and then application, I get the $3003 error: Program operation failed or canceled. What could be wrong?

My script is:
    CM - MPC5744P_1x32x616k_CFlash.PCP
    EM
    SS - Bootloader
    PM
    VC
    SS - Application
    PM
    VC
    RE

• Greetings,

That means your two binaries have overlapping areas causing programming problems. Find out which address is causing this issue by using the PROG software found in your cyclone software package. PROGPPC NEXUS is the one you need to use.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Takao, I apologize to update. Its worked for me.

Thank You,
    Sagar

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement