Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
USB MULTILINK download fail
Jeff L. Sep 6, 2017 at 10:13 AM (10:13 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

I bought the USB MULTILINK a few weeks ago.

Today I use S32 design studio power v1.1 IDE download code into target board and its always fail.
    The message shows "'Launching xxxx' has encountered a problem Error in service launch sequence".

Does USB MULTILINK could support S32 design studio power v1.1 IDE ?

I have checked the hardware driver is normal and compatible with my win10.

Please help me with this issue. Thank you.

Comments

• Greetings,

USB Multilink does not tell me exactly which hardware you are using. Please identify the exact part number.

S32 Power IDE is able to support our USB Multilinks.

Have you tried creating a default project for your device and without any changes to the code or debug settings attempted to start a debug session? This should work out of the box.

Are you using any unique hardware like custom ribbon cables, adapters, or external watchdog that may affect the debug or programming of your device?

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

I don't know what are you talking about part number.

According to my order invoice, it just shows item, description and Price.

Give you another product information.

The product info shows as the following:
      USB MULTILINK USB Multilink Debug Probe
      http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320168&productTab=1

I have used custom ribbon cables, adapters and code with no watchdog.

Before buying this tool, I have used USB Multilnk FX to download code with S32 design studio power v1.1 IDE and it works well.

Today using USB MULTILINK USB Multilink Debug Probe it can't download code.

Does there exist some setting to do?

• Greetings,

The part you are using is called USB Multilink Universal. The website you have detailed is the product information of the USB Multilink family. But the actual part number is the Universal flavor. The other part you could have ordered is the ACP flavor, which would not work at all in a S32 Power IDE. Take a look at your hardware and on the sticker you should be able to identify which part you are using.

Try installing the latest resource CD for your multilink and make sure to force update the firmware using the firmware updater utility to support the Qorivva/PowerPC Nexus family:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement