Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Dis-assembly code view
Siva S. Jul 19, 2017 at 10:17 AM (10:17 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I have been using "ICDPPC Nexus - In-Circuit Debugger" version 6.22 to debug my project, currently I am unable to see the source code on debug window.

It is showing assembly code view not "C" code.
    I have tried to select the "set Dis-assembly/source" option but still it is showing assembly code only not "C" code.

Could you please help me how to set source code (C code) to debug in ICD nexus debugger ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Siva.S

Comments

• Greetings,

Was the project compiled on your machine? If so, are you loading the ELF file from where it was generated? Did you move the ELF file? I am assuming you are loading an ELF file or some kind of file that has debug information. If you are loading an s-record file or hex file, then it will not load an C code because it carries no debug information.

Takao Yamada

• Hello Takao,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, It was compiled on my machine.
      Used Windriver Diab compiler ver 5.9.2.

I have uploaded .elf file not the s-record or hex file.

I used to debug using .elf file only earlier and I could see the "C" code view.

But the difference is earlier it was compiled on Diab ver 5.7 and now it is on Diab ver 5.9.2.

Can you please let me know Is there any relation with compiler flags ?

Regards,
      Siva.S

• Greetings,

You should ask Windriver what changes have been made between the two versions. I hope the new version has backwards compatibility options so you can get it working on ICD again.

If possible, do you have an ELF file that was generated with version 5.7 and do a gcc readelf to find out differences in the ELF header. This can help us understand the differences between the two versions of compilers.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you Takao,

I will check and will go through once and let you know if it fixes.

Regards,
      Siva.S

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement