Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Problem to program SREC with bootloader and application SW on Cyclone for ARM Dev.
Jerker G. Jun 21, 2017 at 10:47 AM (10:47 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

I have one SREC file containing the bootloader and another SREC file containing the application SW.

I want to combine the two, boot loader plus application into one single SREC file.

The way I have tried to do this so far is through concatenate bootloader and app into one single file and in the process remove the S7 record ending the bootloader SREC and also removing the S0 record in the start of the application SREC.

When loading the bootl and appl SREC on the Cyclone I use the PC software that let me create the Cyclone file.

How can I solve the problem?

Is there something I need to configure in the PC SW when I create the Cyclone SW?

/Jerker

Comments

• Greetings,

What is the problem you are facing? What errors are you seeing?

Could you also mention which chip you are using?

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

The error I get is 5003.

The chip is a MKE02Z32VLD4.

best regards
    Jerker

• Greetings,

If you program one or the other s-record file, is programming working fine? Is it only when you combine the binary files that you get this problem?

I would advise instead of debugging the problem in standalone, which is impossible to do because it is scripted and automated, use the PROG ACMP software found in your cyclone software package to run step-by-step commands to see why and how it fails.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement