Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
pegdbserver-console erases secured deviced
m p. Jun 21, 2017 at 08:40 AM (08:40 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I am working in a project with a NXP microcontroller (km33z128am5). I use the Multilink Universal to program/read/debug the device.

When I use the Kinetis Design Studio to debug the part, in case that the flash is secured, it asks if I want to unsecure it. This behaviour is correct.
    To use some custom tools, I need to use the pegdbserver-console and the gdb console instead of the kinetis IDE; but in this case, when the flash is secured, it erases the flash without asking. How can this feature be disabled? Furthermore, if I flash an image than secures the flash, the last step erases the program as it does not ask for user confirmation.

I would like to control when the flash should be erased in case of secured devices

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Greetings,

The gdb console does not have the ability to pop up dialog boxes. It is within the IDE that it has the ability to do this. So with the gdb console you will not be given any warning that your chip was secured and it will continue to erase and enter debug mode.

If you want more control of how you flash program or erase, you should use our PROGACMP software that we sell:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320138

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for the info.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement