Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
support required to program chip MCF51EM256 (freescale)
kuldeep L. Jun 8, 2017 at 03:31 AM (03:31 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• we are using old modal of cyclone pro programmer in our factory to program  chip MCF51EM256  (freescale)
    Now we need new setups to be developed. For which , the programmer using now is PEM94F5D5 .the issue with new modal is
    ISSUE 1
    For SAP file creation we are using cyclone image creation utility. in this I don’t found desired target in it.
    Issue 2
    If I use old sap file, to download it in programmer, the image manager gives error that it contains older image format

please tell what to do in this case

Comments

• Greetings,

The programmer you are using is what type of cyclone? PEM94F5D5 does not tell what kind of cyclone you are trying to use.

The desired architecture you should be using is ColdFire V1/V1+

To use old SAP images onto a new cyclone, like the cyclone universal, you must convert the SAP image into a new one. This new image can be used on both the cyclone pro and newer cyclones. Use the sap_convert_console.exe in your cyclone software package. And read the User manual on how to use this utility.

Takao Yamada

• the old modal name corona borealis(supporting)
    the new modal name universal_PEM94f5d5
    chip to be programmad MCF51EM256

• Greetings,

You keep giving me the name written on stickers or on the screen which does not help me at all.

What I want to know is whether this is a cyclone pro, cyclone max, cyclone universal, cyclone universal FX, cyclone ACP, cyclone renesas, cyclone ST, or other?

Takao Yamada

• friend it is cyclone universal

• Greetings,

You can find the sap_convert_console in your cyclone universal folder in C:\pemicro. If you do not see it there, then please download the latest software from our website:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=462

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement