Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
MC908AZ60ACFUE
Adrian M. May 17, 2017 at 01:44 PM (13:44 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I Recently purchased a blue Cyclone_Universal. Can I us it to program a
    MC908AZ60ACFUE?

Comments

• Greetings,

You should check to see if the PEmicro hardware supports your device before purchasing it.

To know if your device is supported, go to the product page and you will see the HC08 is supported. Your device in question is a HC08 device.

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

I'm getting error "Could not measure target baudrate". The Cyclone Universal is correctly powering up the target through pin 15.

• Greetings,

Try using the PROG08SZ software found in the cyclone universal software package. After putting the correct configurations, use the "MON08 diagnostics" button to find out which signals are giving you problems. Typically this error you are getting is due to hardware communication problems.

Are you connecting all 16-pins on the ribbon cable?

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

These are my connections:

Cyclone Universal Device
    Pin2........... GND
    Pin4........... RST
    Pin6........... IRQ
    Pin10.......... PTA0
    Pin12.......... PTC0
    Pin14.......... PTC1
    Pin16.......... PTC3
    Pin15.......... 5V from Cyclone

• Greetings,

PTC0 is high?
    PTC1 is low?
    PTC3 is low?

The target is self-clocked? For "device clock" selection what option did you select?

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

I ran the diagnostics and all the expected states check throughout the first 3 steps.
    The fourth step "After Monitor Mode Entry" all signals check ok except RST, the diagnostics call for ~8V and it reads 0.6V

• Greetings,

High voltage is needed on RST to be able to enter monitor mode. This is when you should look into the schematic of your board to see what is on the RST line that may be causing this problem. Any resistors in series? Any reset circuitry that may be interrupting? Try putting a 10k pull-up resistor on RST if you find nothing suspicious.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

I put a 10K resistor between RST and 5Vpin from cyclone, things stayed the same. I only measure 0.6V at RST. Should I provide an external 8V to RST?

• Can I send you a snap shot of the RST circuit?

• The target is self clocked

• Greetings,

No, the 8V is provided by the cyclone. Also check the IRQ line. Does it reach 8V? Either the RST or IRQ line needs to reach a high voltage to be able to enter monitor mode.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement