Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
ERROR in ONCE status register during instruction execution
Tanmayee S. Apr 18, 2017 at 10:15 AM (10:15 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am loading an ELF file and using the flash option with the ICDPPNEXUS for TRK-USB-MPC5643L. I have an evaluation version installed. I am able to load the file however when I try to step through it, it hits the "isync" instruction in my init code and that point onward the status window keeps shows - Error in ONCE register during instruction execution message. Is this expected?

Comments

• Greetings,

Are you using the ICD software that comes with Codewarrior 2.1? Or the standalone version?

The problem is most likely the initialization script was not ran, so the RAM is not initialized. Go to Configurations -> Automated Script Options -> Check the "Run Script File..." and find the appropriate .mac file in the ICD folder. Check to see if you are in VLE or BookE mode.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you, Takao! That resolved the issue.

• I had a follow-up question. Do let me know if you need me to create a separate thread. I want to script the download of the ELF file to the board. Do I need to specify the .mac file when doing this with the cprogppcnexus command line tool? If so then when and what is the syntax? I did not find an example for it in the help documentation that comes with the install.

• Greetings,

Probably a new thread makes most sense if people want to be able to search and find the same question and answer.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement