Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
MPC823 and USB-ML-UNIVERSAL
Sergey K. Mar 22, 2017 at 03:43 AM (03:43 hours)
Staff: Gerardo R.

• Hi,

please tell me is it possible to flashing with PowerQUICC MPC823 onboard by USB-ML-UNIVERSAL?

I not see this family in support list (MPC5xx/8xx)

And second question:
    If i see info about MPC5xx/8xx - is it mean MPC823 included in it?

Because i not found any files regarding to MPC823...

Comments

• >Please tell me is it possible to flashing with PowerQUICC MPC823 onboard by USB-ML-UNIVERSAL?
      USB-ML-UNIVERSAL does not support MPC823 devices, only the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL-FX product can communicate with these devices. This device doesn't appear to have internal flash, so you won't be able to flash program it.

>If i see info about MPC5xx/8xx - is it mean MPC823 included in it?
      That is correct.

• >USB-ML-UNIVERSAL does not support MPC823 devices, only the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL-FX product can communicate with these devices. This device doesn't appear to have internal flash, so you won't be able to flash program it.

But if i have external flash PC28F128J3C onboard connected to MPC823, can i reprogram it with USB-ML-UNIVERSAL-FX ?

• Here are all the external flash chips that we support on MPC8xx devices:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/flash_algorithm/FlashAlgorithms_External_FREESCALE_PCP.cfm

If you can find your chip on that list, then you will be able to program it with a Multilink FX and our PROGPPCZ software.

• Yes it exists. Okay, thank you for support!

Last question is about schematic.

Your software can define wires from cpu to flash?

I think can be many types of connections. But how software can detect? Or it automatically? Or only basic wiring supported?

• You can refer to this page for help setting up and troubleshooting an external flash algorithm.

https://www.pemicro.com/blog/index.cfm?post_id=29

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement