Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Utilizing the additional Flash pages in WinIDE12
Allan W. O. Mar 3, 2017 at 09:53 AM (09:53 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am one of those who still programs in Assembly for the HC12.  I use the WinIDE12 for the assembler.  My process is to assemble, Log program to convert logical to physical, Flash program and so on.  My question is, how or what code is necessary in the WinIDE12 to utilize the additional Flash pages.  I understand PPage can switch, but is it possible to use the additional pages with WinIDE12 and if so can you provide the Assembly code that is used, and understood by the program.
    Thank you,

Comments

• Greetings,

Have you taken a look at this blog post yet?
    https://www.pemicro.com/blog/index.cfm?post_id=48

Does this help you?

Takao Yamada

• I did, but it did not help much.  I am a long time programmer, starting with the 6805, and I am stuck in a 64K world.  What I am trying to wrap my head around is what can I do in my code, with your assembler, to appear as a physical map in a 64K world.  Can the debugger ICD12Z handle the larger size, but most importantly can I write code, like normal to utilize the pages.  I understand the LOG application that handles moving the program addressing to support the Physical size, but when I hit FFFF, I am done.    There are so many pages not used, so I need to understand more.  I understand about changing PPage to select the other pages, so do I have to treat the other pages like a page switching with hard ORG to define the address?  Does the assemble have the jump to commands to access the other pages or am I going to have to manually switch to the page in order to use it?

--
    Allan Overcast, President and CEO
    Tracer Technology Systems, Inc.
    www.tracertechnologysystems.com

Phone: (406) 203-1955
    Fax: (406) 272-8152
    email: allan@tracertechnology.net

• Greetings,

Maybe our example assembly code might be a good way to learn how to use the paging:
    https://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=54

Takao Yamada

• Thanks you, I will give it a try...
    Allan

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement