Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PROG for ARM Cortex with USB Multilink Universal FX stand alone
Mark L. Feb 21, 2017 at 08:30 AM (08:30 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,
    We have a couple of USB Multilink Universal FX which we use to program S08 parts using PROGHCS08 and they work well.

Now we need to program some STM32F100CB parts - I have checked and the USB Multilink Universal FX says it will do them.

First question - is this going to be faster than a ST-link/V2?

If it is then, next I need some software: So I think we need to buy 'PROG for ARM® Cortex™ Devices'? This looks good and has a GUI for initial work, but later we need to script it. Howeve when I look at the Compatible hardware tab it says, for the 'Multilnik FX', automation "Scripted programming using CPROG* (sold separately)", but underneath is also says "*CPROG is included with Prog Software"

So my second question is - if I buy 'PROG for ARM® Cortex™ Devices' @ $199 does it include both the GUI based programmer and the command line version?

Regards,
    Mark Leman

Comments

• Greetings,

When you buy PROG for ARM, you get both the GUI version (PROGACMP) and the command line version (CPROGACMP).

What we are trying to say is that CPROG is sold separately from the purchase of multilink, but it is included in the purchase of PROG. I hope that clears up your confusion.

Our tools are the fastest in the market, so you will not be disappointed!

Takao Yamada

• Hi, 
    Thanks for the swift reply.
    I will go ahead and order the "Prog for Arm" :-)

General feedback - we like your products but your website is really hard to navigate and confusing.

Regards,
    Mark Leman

• I have the Multilink Universal.  I am looking for something simple for our technician to program NXP M0+ processors for production.  Is there a free programmer, or do we have to purchase the PROG for Arm Cortex?

• Greetings,

We do not have free software for ARM devices for programming. For the multilink universal you will need to purchase the PROG software license.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement