Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PE Multilink Universal visible as different product after FW update
Jaroslav P. Feb 14, 2017 at 02:11 PM (14:11 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello 
    I have problem with my PE Multilink universal (green version), same is here:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320137&productTab=1
    Im using this debugger by the CodeWarrior 10.7, the debugger is visible as USB-ML-12 Rev C - this is wrong, before it has different label.
    The PE Multilink has different label after FW update, the CW offered me to update FW and the update failed, othervise I could not use it.

I used the USB-ML-12 Rev C multilink before the PE Mult Universal by the Codewarrior, It seems that CW remembered the old debugger and passed down the wrong label of debugger to FW updater.

Could you help me, how to load the right FW to my PE multilink universal?

Thank you

Comments

• I forgot mentioned, that the debugger is visible by USB, but I cannot use it as debugger and the led diodes not lighting.
    Thank you
    Jaroslav

• Greetings,

Please use the following utility to do a firmware update of any of the multilink universal hardware:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

If this utility cannot detect your multilink universal correctly, then that means somehow the firmware update went horribly wrong.

The only way the multilink universal would incorrectly firmware update with the wrong firmware is if you switched the multilink while it was attempting to update. Or you modified a firmware file name.

If you continue to have problems, please go to support page -> Support requests and create a ticket. We may be able to help you without having you send the unit to us for reprogramming.

Takao Yamada

• I downloaded and installed the app,
    Ahe application cannot detect the any device, but CW see it as USB-ML-12 (FS on USB1(Name=PE5655...))

How to load the right FW to multilink?

Thank you
    Jaroslav

• Greetings,

Again, if you continue to have problems, please go to support page -> Support requests and create a ticket. We may be able to help you without having you send the unit to us for reprogramming.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement