Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Partial Flash and erase of MM9z1_638 using Cyclone universal FX
Pranav B. Feb 9, 2017 at 11:04 AM (11:04 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Greetings,

I am trying to flash into MM9z1_638 using cyclone universal FX. I am using image creation utility tool to create SAP files. Flashing works fine when device is empty. For an example first I flashes bootloader to the device using SAP file. It is being flashed correctly. After that I flashes the application to the device. Since addresses for bootloader and application is different, they are being flashed correctly. Now I want to replace just application with new application. When I try to flash it using erase option in algorithm, It erases whole device including old bootloader. When I don't use erase option in the algorithm ,It gives me an error. How can I partially flash or erase the device?

Thanks,

Comments

• Greetings,

If you program over bytes that are already programmed, that will cause an error. In flash technology you can only program from a high bit to a low bit.

Unless the algorithm has the ability to do block erasing, you will two options:

1) Reprogram both the boot and application.

2) Duplicate the algorithm you are currently using and modify one to do preserve range. Here are instructions on how to do this:
    https://www.pemicro.com/blog/index.cfm?post_id=47

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this? Did preserve range work?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement