Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
ProgPPCNexus 6.22 SPC560P34 program module freeze
Tyler M. Jan 19, 2017 at 03:29 PM (15:29 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,
    I have been attempting to program my SPC560P34L processor with a *.s37 and *.elf file (it is the same file but I have tried both of these formats)but it has been but after sending out the program module it will sit there indefinitely displaying "Programming Address $0000000"

I am have tried using the following algorithm files:
    Freescale_MPC5603P_1x32x96k_CFlash.PCP
    ST_SPC560P34_1x32x48k_CFlash.pcp

The SPC algorithm will not do anything other than erase module and blank check. I get "Error programming module" when I try to flash the firmware

The MPC algoritm will allow me to flash the firmware (in both .elf and .mot) format but it suffers the above issue when I try to flash the application. My module is power cycled after the firmware flash for the record.

Please help

Comments

• Greetings,

The SPC560P34 and MPC5603P are not equivalents, just for-your-information. In fact, there are no MPC equivalent of the SPC560P34. There is no 192K flash version on the Freescale MPC family.

If you were to use the MPC5601P algorithm, are you able to erase and program from $0000 - $20000 ?

Takao Yamada

• As far as I am aware of yes I can program within that range. My firmware application only exists between $00000 - $10000 though. Though this does not help me flash programs to the full size of the processor which is 256KB (range $00000 - $3FFFF)
    Erasing is handled fine.

• Greetings,

Incorrect. SPC560P40 has 256KB but the SPC560P34 is only 192KB. This could be the reason why you are having problems flash programming if you are programming past $2FFFF.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this? Were you able to flash program? Do you agree that P40 is a 256KB device while P34 is only 192K?

Takao Yamada

• I do not agree on the the P34 being a 192KB device. On page 69 of the SPC560P40/34 manual it states that both models have a 256kb flash region

• Greetings,

Here is a link to ST Micro's website and browse to the 3rd page:
    http://www.st.com/en/automotive-microcontrollers/spc5-32-bit-automotive-mcus.html?querycriteria=productId=SC963

You will see that Flash PROG size is listed for every device and there is a difference between P40 and P34.

The way ST writes their reference manuals they bunch all of their devices into families (SPC560Pxx family) and write the manual focused on the superset, meaning the largest device in the family. This being the P40 in this case. Typically you can find subset device information in their "Introduction" chapter in their reference manual to see differences in sizes, peripherals, and frequencies.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Is this issue resolved?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement